Charmander will be featured during October Community Day!
Thanks for all your efforts campaigning and voting for the Pokémon you wanted to be featured in the September and October Community Day events. We’re thrilled to announce that Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon, will be the featured Pokémon this month! More details about October Community Day can be found below.
Date + Time
Saturday, October 17, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Charmander will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Charmeleon (the evolved form of Charmander) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Charizard that knows Dragon Breath.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase October Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Charged TM, three Super Incubators, three Star Pieces, and 30 Ultra Balls.
- Complete event-exclusive Timed Research and Field Research tasks to earn Charizard Mega Energy!
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the October Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, A Tale of Tails. Rewards for this story will include Charizard Mega Energy.
Stay tuned for when tickets for the A Tale of Tails Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog