Niantic is continuing to host new events for the millions of Pokémon GO players out there. To coincide with the fall season, the developer has updated its social media header with the above image. Read on below to learn more:
Look forward to autumn-themed Pokémon, Berry bonuses, and Deerling coming as the seasons change!
Around the world, the seasons change. As the seasons turn, different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and hatching from Eggs, certain Berry effects will be boosted, Berry-themed Field Research and Timed Research (The Seasons Change: Part 1) is available, and Deerling will make its Pokémon GO debut! Sawsbuck will also be available.
Date + Time
Friday, October 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Whether it’s autumn or spring where you are, plants are flourishing all around the world. During this event, Berries will be twice as effective when you give them as treats to your Buddy Pokémon, and you’ll earn twice the usual Candy you normally would when catching a Pokémon that you’ve given a Pinap Berry to. Berries will also be dropping more often when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops and Gyms, so be sure to harvest a few Berries!
- Pokémon can sense when the seasons change! You can expect to see the following Pokémon appearing more often in the wild: Oddish, Vulpix, Bayleef, Hoothoot, Sudowoodo, Yanma, Pineco, Zigzagoon, Seedot, Shroomish, Plant Cloak Burmy, and Foongus.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Vulpix as originally discovered in Kanto! Shiny Ninetales will also be available.
- Autumn-themed Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Deerling, the Season Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut! The turning of the seasons changes the color and scent of this Pokémon’s fur. Keep an eye out for its Autumn Form Deerling!
In some parts of the world, the leaves are turning red and the shadows are growing longer! With the transition from a hot summer to a cooler autumn in some places, it looks like there will be a few different Pokémon hatching from Eggs soon. You can look forward to that and other exciting changes from Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, October 19, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
As the seasons change, it’s good to remember to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. It’s also the perfect time for self-reflection. Who knows? Maybe you’ll realize something new about yourself!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog