The Crown Tundra, the second set of downloadable content for Pokémon Sword and Shield, is now available. In The Crown Tundra, Trainers can explore a vast, frigid landscape with jagged, snowy mountains and drifts of glittering snow. The Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass are available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch. The new update version 1.3 is now live in Pokémon Sword and Shield to add more than 100 returning Pokémon and The Crown Tundra. Read on below to learn more:
How to Update Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
On October 22, 2020, a new software update for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.3.0 (Released October 22, 2020)
- Ver. 1.2.1 (Released July 7, 2020)
- Ver. 1.2.0 (Released June 16, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1.1 (Released March 17, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1 (Released January 9, 2020)
- Expansion Pass Part 2, The Crown Tundra, has been released as downloadable content
- Customers who have purchased the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass can now explore The Crown Tundra
- Additional Pokémon now appear
- Even if you have not purchased the expansion pass, you can find additional Pokémon through online gameplay.
- Other updates
- Fixed a number of issues so that gameplay is more enjoyable.
Source: Nintendo Support