GO Beyond: Experience Pokémon GO in a new way with Seasons!
We’ve learned a lot from running in-game events in Pokémon GO these past few years, and we thank you for your continued support and feedback. We’re excited to put all we’ve learned to work in a brand-new way of experiencing Pokémon GO: Seasons.
As the world outside rotates through winter, spring, summer, and autumn, the world of Pokémon GO will change with the seasons! Every three months, you can expect to see a new season in Pokémon GO that brings major changes, such as the following.
- Different Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. Some Pokémon will be more difficult to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!
- Based on what hemisphere you’re in, you can find different Pokémon appearing in the wild each Season. For example, in the first Season, Pokémon related to winter will be appearing in the wild in the northern hemisphere, while Burmy, Darumaka, and other Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences in the Pokémon you can find in the wild, too.
- In addition, different forms of Deerling will be appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in, so keep a lookout!
- In-game events will be themed based on the Season they occur in!
- Seasons will be continually updated with more features and content.
We hope you’ll enjoy this whole new way to experience Pokémon GO!
Mega changes are coming
With each new Season, Trainers can also expect to see updates to Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- Different New Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in raids each Season!
- Certain Mega-Evolved Pokémon will have limited periods where they will have increased total CP and Trainers will have more opportunities to use these Mega-Evolved Pokémon more easily!
GO Battle League changes
The introduction of Seasons also brings exciting changes to the GO Battle League! The GO Battle League will expand from 10 to 24 ranks, and the top four ranks will have all-new names and corresponding badges. The expanded ranks will be accompanied by a totally new reward structure, which gives Trainers more opportunities to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up. You can expect the GO Battle League rewards to be tied to the theme of the current Season, too!
GO Battle League seasons will occur in tandem with the overarching Seasons and will rotate formats on the same three-month schedule.
Keep an eye out for more details on the GO Battle League soon.
A Season of Celebration!
Starting on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time, the first Season will begin—the Season of Celebration! Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will be appearing in Pokémon GO. To celebrate their arrival and the new year, Professor Willow is embarking on a quest to research the different regions of the Pokémon world, and he needs your help!
During this Season, Trainers will be able to participate in a series of in-game events featuring Pokémon first discovered in different regions. Whether you’re a fan of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos, Pokémon originally discovered in each of these regions will be appearing as Professor Willow looks to discover and celebrate their rich histories.
At the end of the Season of Celebration, we’ll be introducing a brand-new global event experience. Stay tuned for more details!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog