The holiday 2020 event for Pokémon GO has officially been announced. Read on below to learn more:
Celebrate Pokémon GO Holidays 2020 with holiday- and ice-themed Pokémon!
The Pokémon GO Holidays event is back! Look forward to costumed Pokémon, an Ice-type Pokémon never before seen in Pokémon GO, event-exclusive Field Research, winter-themed avatar items, and a blizzard of bonuses!
Date + Time
Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Delibird, and Cubchoo wearing new holiday-themed costumes will appear in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild, such as Spheal, Snover, and more! Vanillite, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Vanillish and Vanilluxe will also be available.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs: Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will be hatching from 5 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will be appearing in raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Jynx! Don’t forget—Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful throughout the event.
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop: To help you dress up for the holiday season, you can look forward to the Greedent Sweater, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots, and Winter Coat avatar items!
- Get holiday-themed stickers from PokéStops, Gifts, and the shop! You can find stickers featuring Alolan Vulpix, Croagunk, Whimsicott, and more during the event. You won’t be able to get these stickers after the event is over, so get them while you can!
- Event-exclusive boxes will be available in the shop during the event! Check out the in-game shop for more details!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Abomasnow Mega Energy and encounter Snorunt.
Take note, Trainers! You’ll benefit from different bonuses throughout the event.
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Open more Gifts each day: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can open daily will increase to 45.
- Carry more Gifts: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag will increase to 40.
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Raid XP
_From Thursday, December 24, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, December 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time _
- 2× Catch Candy
From Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Star Piece duration
From Monday, December 28, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 29, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Lucky Egg duration
From Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Catch Stardust
Warm up with a special winter weekend event!
During the final weekend in December (and 2020!), you can look forward to a special winter event.
Date + Time
Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Regice returns to raids! Did you miss out on catching a Regice the last time it was appearing in raids? This is your chance to catch the Iceberg Pokémon!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Incense and more.
- Pokémon attracted to Incense more frequently: Delibird, Snorunt, Spheal, Snover, Cryogonal, and Cubchoo.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog