The holiday 2020 event for Pokémon GO has officially been announced. Read on below to learn more:
It’s a Pokémon GO Winter Wonderland from December 22–31
Enjoy winter-themed Pokémon, stickers, and Field Research with the Pokémon GO Holidays 2020 event.
The year’s almost over, but Pokémon GO still has plenty of exciting activities for Trainers to enjoy. The Pokémon GO Holidays 2020 event takes place from Tuesday, December 22 at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31 at 10:00 p.m. local time. During this event, winter-themed Pokémon and Pokémon wearing costumes will be appearing more frequently in the wild, and Trainers can collect holiday-themed stickers while enjoying a series of exciting bonuses.
Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild will include costumed Pikachu, Seel, Snorlax, Marill, costumed Delibird, Stantler, Makuhita, Swablu, Snorunt, Spheal, Piplup, Snover, Abomasnow, and costumed Cubchoo. Plus, Vanillite will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Pokémon hatching from 5 km Eggs during this event will include Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite. Pokémon appearing in raids during the event will include Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal.
The Pokémon GO Holidays 2020 event will also feature Field Research that rewards encounters with Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal, and holiday-themed stickers will be available for purchase in the shop or by visiting PokéStops. You’ll be able to open up to 45 Gifts from friends on each day of the event and carry up to 40 Gifts in your Item Bag. Winter-themed avatar items like Whimsicott Earmuffs and a Greedent Sweater will also be available in the Style Shop.
In addition to these features, you can enjoy the following bonuses during the event.
- December 22 and 23: Double raid XP
- December 24 and 25: Double Catch Candy
- December 26 and 27: Double Star Piece duration
- December 28 and 29: Double Lucky Egg duration
- December 30 and 31: Double Catch Stardust
Celebrate Pokémon GO Holidays 2020 with holiday- and ice-themed Pokémon!
The Pokémon GO Holidays event is back! Look forward to costumed Pokémon, an Ice-type Pokémon never before seen in Pokémon GO, event-exclusive Field Research, winter-themed avatar items, and a blizzard of bonuses!
Date + Time
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Delibird, and Cubchoo wearing new holiday-themed costumes will appear in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild, such as Spheal, Snover, and more! Vanillite, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Vanillish and Vanilluxe will also be available.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs: Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will be hatching from 5 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will be appearing in raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Jynx! Don’t forget—Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful throughout the event.
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop: To help you dress up for the holiday season, you can look forward to the Greedent Sweater, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots, and Winter Coat avatar items!
- Get holiday-themed stickers from PokéStops, Gifts, and the shop! You can find stickers featuring Alolan Vulpix, Croagunk, Whimsicott, and more during the event. You won’t be able to get these stickers after the event is over, so get them while you can!
- Event-exclusive boxes will be available in the shop during the event! Check out the in-game shop for more details!
- Special Box – two Premium Battle Passes, two Super Incubators, 30 Poké Balls and three Lucky Eggs for 480 PokéCoins
- Ultra Box – 16 Premium Battle Passes, six Super Incubators, three Incense and three Lucky Eggs for 1480 PokéCoins
- Adventure Box – 16 Super Incubators, five Incense, three Egg Incubators and three Lucky Eggs for 1480 PokéCoins
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Abomasnow Mega Energy and encounter Snorunt.
Take note, Trainers! You’ll benefit from different bonuses throughout the event.
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Open more Gifts each day: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can open daily will increase to 45.
- Carry more Gifts: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag will increase to 40.
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Raid XP
_From Thursday, December 24, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, December 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time _
- 2× Catch Candy
From Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Star Piece duration
From Monday, December 28, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 29, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Lucky Egg duration
From Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Catch Stardust
Warm up with a special winter weekend event!
During the final weekend in December (and 2020!), you can look forward to a special winter event.
Date + Time
Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Regice returns to raids! Did you miss out on catching a Regice the last time it was appearing in raids? This is your chance to catch the Iceberg Pokémon!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Incense and more.
- Pokémon attracted to Incense more frequently: Delibird, Snorunt, Spheal, Snover, Cryogonal, and Cubchoo.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog