Pokémon Masters EX, the strategy and battling Pokémon game for mobile platforms, is now available for download on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). In celebration of the game’s popularity, special in-game events and rewards are being offered for all players to take part in on a regular basis. Read on below to learn more:
New region and mode added to the Champion Stadium
Johto Challenge added to the Champion Stadium!
New master mode feature also added!
An all-new feature called master mode has been added to the Champion Stadium along with the new Johto Challenge!
Johto Challenge Available Now!
In the Johto Challenge, you can go up against the Elite Four and Champion of Johto during the time period listed below.
Plus, with the introduction of Johto, the Champion Stadium’s featured region will change periodically.
Details about the time period and featured region will be included in notifications going forward.
Johto Challenge Date/Time
December 27, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. – January 31, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
You can view the basic rules for the Champion Stadium in About Champion Stadium.
Iris 6★ EX Unlocked!
To coincide with the addition of a new region, 3★ Iris & Haxorus can now be raised to 6★ EX.
New Master Mode Feature
Master mode is an all-new feature where you can make battles more challenging and earn more rewards.
You can unlock master mode for a region by entering all 18 types of sync pairs into the Hall of Fame and completing the medal for that region.
In master mode, you can give your opponent advantages by selecting from a range of different options before battle. If you win, you will earn points based on the options you selected.
You can earn various rewards throughout the week each time your point total from the five battles against the Elite Four and Champion exceed a specified amount.
Total Point Reward Example
- ★ Power-Up Ticket ×5
- Strike Move Candy Coin ×1
- 5★ Power-Up ×1
- Champion Spirit ×10
- Skill Sphere ×100
- Co-op Sync Orb ×2000
Note: Details about points and rewards can be found in the Champion Stadium Rewards section.
Even if you have completed the medal in the Kanto Challenge, you will still need to complete the medal in the Johto Challenge in order to unlock master mode for the Johto Challenge.
Once you have entered the Hall of Fame for the week, you can reset your battle progress and retry battles as many times as you want.
This will allow you to combine different options and try out different approaches to taking on the same opponents.
Try strengthening your opponent using various options and defeat them to earn more points for rewards.
- You can participate in the Champion Stadium after you complete Main Story Chapter 10: A Reason to Battle (Normal) in single-player and collect all PML Badges.
- To attempt the Johto Challenge, you must have completed the Kanto Challenge on Normal difficulty.
- Only Normal difficulty for the Kanto Challenge will remain available outside of the Kanto Challenge event.
- Medal acquisition and Hall of Fame information will be saved for each region regardless of event date/time.
- Total point rewards will reset every week at the time listed below to coincide with the Champion Stadium changeover.Reset Time: Sunday at 10:00 p.m.
- The time period and featured content are subject to change without notice.
We hope you continue to enjoy Pokémon Masters EX.