Pokémon GO is being updated to a new version across all capable iOS and Android devices. The latest update is being rolled out to iOS and Android devices, respectively. According to patch notes from the development team at Niantic, the latest update implements various bug fixes and improvements for an overall smoother experience.
What’s New in Version 1.165.0 (iOS)
- Bug fixes
What’s New in Version 0.199.0 (Android)
- Bug fixes
0.199 Release Notes
Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.165 in the App Store.
Last updated: February 2, 2021
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all players. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- Trainers will soon be able to interact with an image gallery showing different PokéStop and Gym images. This feature will roll out in different regions over time—starting with level 40+ Trainers in New Zealand on Tuesday, February 9, 2021—and will become available worldwide to Trainers level 38 and above toward the end of March 2021.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect assets to be used in parts of the game (including the “date caught” box in Pokémon detail page and Research Breakthrough box on the Field Research page).
- Removed broken tags on Pokémon that had been traded with tags before the relevant bug fix in version 0.197.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “giftable” search term to return incorrect results if a friend had opened a Gift that day.
- Fixed a visual error that caused rewarded Candy XL to not appear consistently when transferring several Pokémon at once.
- Fixed an issue that caused Stardust from feeding Pokémon in Gyms to not count toward certain tasks
- Fixed an issue that caused the Picnicker Badge to update inaccurately. Note that there may still be a delay when the badge is updated.
Please see our Known Issues page for a regularly updated list of issues currently being investigated by our engineering team. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all issues we are aware of or working to fix, but rather a list of issues currently affecting the most players.
There is always something fun going on in Pokémon GO! Join us for events like Community Day, Raid Hours, and special themed events where you can encounter different Pokémon and enjoy bonuses. Visit pokemongolive.com for a list of events.
Source: Official Pokémon GO support page