Team GO Rocket is celebrating? Smells like trouble!
Date + Time
- We’ve received word that Team GO Rocket Grunts will be turning the following Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon: Swinub, Nosepass, Aron, Spheal, Lileep, Anorith, and more.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will also have different teams of Pokémon during the event and after its conclusion.
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leaders during the event for a chance to receive a Team GO Rocket Leader Gift sticker.
- Be on the lookout for Pokémon like Golbat, Koffing, Ariados, Qwilfish, Sneasel, Houndour, Nuzleaf, Stunky, Skorupi, and Venipede appearing more often in the wild!
- Qwilfish, Larvitar, Corphish, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, and Deino will be hatching from Strange Eggs during and after the event.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- One-star raids: Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Gligar, Sneasel, Shinx, and Klink.
- Three-star raids: Nidoqueen, Ariados, Umbreon, Tyranitar, and Absol.
- Five-star raids: Raikou and Suicune will both be appearing at different times. Please see the February events blog for more info on the Raid Boss schedule in February.
- Mega Raids: Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom.
- Event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research will be available.
- The Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research that begins during the Johto Celebration event will continue during this event and will reward an encounter with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh that knows the exclusive attack Earthquake!
- Keep a lookout for more invaded PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons than usual!
- Half Egg Hatch Distance when an Egg is placed inside an Incubator during the event.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog