A new update is now available for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch. Read on below to learn more:
How to Update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch.
On March 23, 2021 a new software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to participate in Local Wireless Battles.
- Replay data from previous versions is not compatible with the newest version. Be sure to convert your replays by going to Vault in the main menu and selecting Convert to Video before updating the software.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
If you see “Ver. 11.0.1” in the top right of the title screen, then you’re already up to date. Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates. For information about older updates, read the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update History.
- Ver. 11.0.1 (Released March 23, 2021)
- Ver. 11.0.0 (Released March 4, 2021)
- Ver. 10.1.0 (Released December 22, 2020)
- Ver. 10.0.0 (Released December 17, 2020)
- Ver. 9.0.2 (Released November 11, 2020)
- Ver. 9.0.1 (Released October 21, 2020)
- Vulnerability when landing after using the Wii Fit Trainer’s side special Header had decreased unintentionally, so this has been adjusted.
Source: Nintendo Support