In partnership with the Niantic Sustainability Campaign, clean up to unlock in-game bonuses!
We’re excited to announce that the Sustainability Week event is coming! In partnership with the Niantic Sustainability Campaign, you and your fellow Trainers can earn in-game bonuses by achieving various sustainability-related goals in the real world. In addition, Binacle will be making its Pokémon GO debut, and there will be a free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item available in the shop.
Date + Time
- Binacle, the Two-Handed Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Pokémon like Grimer, Drilbur, Trubbish, Ferroseed, and more will be appearing more often in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Trubbish!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Diglett, Tangela, Goldeen, Budew, Cherubi, Finneon, and Drilbur.
- Vileplume, Alolan Exeggutor, Trubbish, Binacle, and more will be appearing in raids.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research to earn encounters with Cottonee, Chespin, Binacle, and more.
- There will also be event-exclusive Timed Research for you to enjoy.
- A free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item will be available in the shop!
You can work alongside players of other Niantic games to unlock special tiered in-game rewards by participating in the Niantic Sustainability Campaign in the real world. The following rewards will be available on Sunday, April 25, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Tier 1(2,500 activations): Five-star raids will appear more often.
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. The rewards from Tier 1 will remain active.
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): A 2× Catch XP bonus will be live. The rewards from Tiers 1 and 2 will remain active.
For more details on how to unlock these rewards, please see the Niantic blog post here.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog