The official ruleset for Ranked Battles Series 10 has been announced for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Series 10 allows players to use one Legendary Pokémon per team, but Dynamax Pokémon are not permitted.
For a summary of all Video Game Championships tournament rules, see below. You can also check out the Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources page to see complete Play! Pokémon VG rules and formats. In the meantime, here’s what you need to know.
- Pokémon need to have either the Galar symbol—showing that they were caught, received, or hatched in the Galar region—or the battle-ready symbol, showing that they were transferred from another game and adapted to battles in the Galar region.
- All Pokémon from the Galar Pokédex, the Isle of Armor Pokédex, and the Crown Tundra Pokédex as well as certain other Pokémon are permitted except for Mythical Pokémon and certain Legendary Pokémon.
- Pokémon with the Gigantamax Factor are permitted.
- All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed.
- Duplicate held items are not allowed.
- Each battle begins with a 90-second Team Preview phase.
- In each battle, players have the following time limits.
- 7 minutes of Your Time
- 45 seconds of Move Time
- 15 minutes of Game Time
Good luck, Trainers!