Pokémon Masters EX, the strategy and battling Pokémon game for mobile platforms, is now available for download on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). In celebration of the game’s popularity, special in-game events and rewards are being offered for all players to take part in on a regular basis. Read on below to learn more:
Pokémon Masters EX Adds Summer Sync Pairs Gloria & Inteleon and Marnie & Grimmsnarl
TOKYO—July 15, 2021— DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced that two new sync pairs from the Galar region are coming to Pokémon Masters EX – Gloria (Summer 2021) & Inteleon and Marnie (Summer 2021) & Grimmsnarl. Gloria (Summer 2021) & Inteleon are a Water-type sync pair that possess an array of moves focused on critical hits, such as Snipe Shot, which both deals damage and lands critical hits more easily, and Critical Strike, a passive skill that powers up the user’s Attack when a critical hit lands. Marnie (Summer 2021) & Grimmsnarl are a Fairy-type sync pair characterized by the ability to increase their Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed stats with moves like Bulk Up.
Both sync pairs don special Summer-themed outfits and can reach a 6★EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and provides them with an additional optional outfit to wear. These sync pairs will be available to add to players’ teams via the Sync Pair Seasonal Scout, with Gloria (Summer 2021) & Inteleon available from now until July 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time, and Marnie (Summer 2021) & Grimmsnarl available from July 16 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time until July 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Going forward, seasonal sync pairs may also be available to obtain in the regular sync pair scout.
A story event called “Beachside Rivalry” will feature Gloria, Marnie and their partner Pokémon as they open a beachside pop-up shop and interact and battle against other Trainers. In this event, players will be able to earn Summer-themed items like Tropical Juice and Fizzy Ice Pop, which can be exchanged for in-game rewards such as 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets. Players that log-in to the game every day during the event, available from now until July 30 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story, can also earn up to 1,000 Gems.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.
Summer Fun with Gloria & Inteleon and Marnie & Grimmsnarl in Pokémon Masters EX
The two Galar region sync pairs battle to see who has the best restaurant in the Beachside Rivalry story event.
Things are heating up this summer on Pasio! From July 14, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT to July 30, 2021, at 10:59 p.m. PDT, Pokémon Masters EX’s new Beachside Rivalry story event will feature a fierce competition. Gloria and Marnie have opened a beachside pop-up eatery together called “Dine-A-Max.” But when Marnie decides to split off and open her own summer dining establishment, a battle begins over customers.
The two Trainers will also make an appearance in the sync pair scout, giving you the opportunity to add them to your team. Gloria (Summer 2021) & Inteleon will be available from July 14, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT to July 30, 2021, at 10:59 p.m. PDT while Marnie (Summer 2021) & Grimmsnarl will be available from July 16, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT to July 30, 2021, at 10:59 p.m. PDT.
In addition to the Beachside Rivalry event, the Summer Superstars story event will return from July 19, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT to August 3, 2021, at 10:59 p.m. PDT. This event has Steven and Lyra inviting you to attend a music festival—but as you might expect, it’s not all relaxing and listening to tunes at this festival.
The return of Summer Superstars also sees the return of Steven (Summer) & Alolan Sandslash and Lyra (Summer) & Jigglypuff to the sync pair scout. Both sync pairs will be available from July 19, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT to August 2, 2021, at 10:59 p.m. PDT, so don’t wait if you missed out on adding them to your party last year.
Pokémon Masters EX is available to download now, so don’t miss out on all the fun! For more details, be sure to visit the Pokémon Masters EX official site.
Story Event Beachside Rivalry
July 14, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. – July 30, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Story Event: Beachside Rivalry under way!
July 14, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. – July 30, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Exchange Ice Pops and Juice for Items!
You can earn Ice Pops and Juice by completing battles.
After collecting enough of them, trade them for valuable items using the Exchange Items menu.
You can earn bonus rewards if you have specific Sync Pairs in your lineup for battles in this event.
The more of these sync pairs you place in your lineup, the more rewards you will obtain!
Applicable Sync Pairs
(Summer 2021) & Inteleon:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.6!
(Summer 2021) & Grimmsnarl:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.6!
(Summer 2020) & Sandslash:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.4!
(Summer 2020) & Jigglypuff:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.4!
- Mallow & Tsareena:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.4!
- Misty & Starmie:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.2!
- Barry & Piplup:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.2!
- Valerie & Sylveon:Ice Pop and Juice ×1.2!
The lineup bonus is ×1 by default and varies according to which sync pairs are on the team.
Example 1: If you place a ×1.6 Sync Pair and a ×1.2 Sync Pair on your team, you will receive ×1.8 the number of Ice Pops and Juice.
Example 2: If you place a ×1.6 Sync Pair and a ×1.6 Sync Pair on your team, you will receive ×2.2 the number of Ice Pops and Juice.
Note: Although the sync pairs featuring unevolved Pokémon are listed here, the evolved versions of those sync pairs also apply.
You can take on special missions during the event period.
Check the Missions screen to learn more!
Note: You can earn Mission completion rewards for completing the Missions the designated number of times.
Event medals are awarded for meeting certain conditions in event missions.
You can try to obtain all of the event medals!
Earn Area Info at Random!
When you complete the areas below, there’s a chance that you’ll obtain this event’s special Area Info, Bountiful Bonus Battle 1.
- Challenge Team Break: Part 1
- Challenge Team Break: Part 2
- Challenge Team Break: Part 3
- Challenge Team Break: Part 4
- Daily Extreme Battle 1
You can collect Ice Pops and Juice more efficiently from this special area, so take on the challenge once you get it!
Log-In Bonus Under Way!
A log-in bonus for Beachside Rivalry is currently under way to mark the start of the event.
Log-In Bonus Details
- Day 1: Skip Ticket ×20
- Day 2: Gems ×100
- Day 3: Gems ×100
- Day 4: Gems ×100
- Day 5: Skip Ticket ×20
- Day 6: Gems ×100
- Day 7: Gems ×100
- Day 8: Gems ×100
- Day 9: Skip Ticket ×20
- Day 10: Gems ×100
- Day 11: Gems ×100
- Day 12: Gems ×100
- Day 13: Gems ×100
- Day 14: Skip Ticket ×20
Log-In Bonus Date/Time
July 14, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. – July 31, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
- To participate, you must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those you can actually obtain.
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day.Reset Time: 11:00 p.m.
- The chance of obtaining special Area Info is the same no matter the area completed.
- The special Area Info will disappear once completed, but you can obtain it more than once.
- You can only obtain special Area Info one at a time.
- First-time rewards from special Area Info can only be collected once. You cannot collect them from the second play onward.
- When the exchange period for the Ice Pops and Juice obtained in this event ends, leftovers will be converted into coins (10 coins per item) and sent to your Present Box.
- To attempt missions, you must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- To claim log-in bonuses, you must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- Log-in bonuses are sent to your Present Box.
- Log-in bonuses can only be claimed during the specified time period.
- Log-in bonuses sent to the Present Box can only be claimed for a limited period of time.
- Log-in bonuses can only be claimed once per day.
- Up to 14 log-in bonuses can be claimed.
- Log-in bonuses are reset each day at 11:00 p.m.
- If you are already logged in, you will need to return to the Pokémon Center and claim them from your Present Box.
- The content is subject to change without notice.
We hope you continue to enjoy Pokémon Masters EX.