If you’re like me, a newbie to everything Pokémon (I know, what took me so long, its only been around for 20 or so years) and have been curious about how to play Pokémon TCG but didn’t know where to begin, your search is over! Pokémon Battle Academy has everything two players need to learn and play- all for less than $20! In less time than it took to perk the coffee I’m currently sipping, a player can learn the basics- thanks to character specific rule books which outline how to set up and play this fun and addictive card game.
In the box you will find:
- 3 complete Pokémon TCG decks- electric, fire, and psychic
- 2 tutorial guides- so easy to follow you will be battling your opponent right away
- game board- with instructions on where to place cards, as well as order of play
- 1 advanced rulebook- teaching the more advanced concepts of the game
- 1 large metallic coin
- 1 set of cardboard damage counters
- 1 code card for the Pokémon TCG online
Why I love this game
The fact that I receive 3 full decks of 60 cards, interchangeable with Pokémon TCG, is an incredible deal in itself and for little cost. And while these decks don’t incorporate some of the more advanced concepts, it still allows myself and another player the opportunity to learn the basics, and play actual games with relative ease- my wife and I were playing full games in less than an hour. The advanced rulebook provides a deeper understanding of the game’s mechanics- a great help for when I purchase more cards for creating my own decks. I love the game board, which clearly shows card placement, as well as what actions can be taken during your turn. I simply cannot find any cons in Pokémon Battle Academy. If you, or the children in your family have always wanted to learn and play Pokémon TCG, I cannot think of a better way to learn!