Furfrou Debuts in Pokémon GO during Fashion Week 2021
Check out the new form-change mechanic, complete Special Research, and catch stylishly costumed Pokémon during this weeklong event.
Don your finest attire, because Pokémon GO Fashion Week is here! Fashionable Pokémon will be strutting their stuff from Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, with the fiercely fabulous Furfrou making its Pokémon GO debut. Originally discovered in Kalos, the Poodle Pokémon can take on several stylish Trims. In Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to choose your Furfrou’s appearance, too!
You’ll first encounter Furfrou in its Natural Form. From there, select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage, and then tap Change Form to see the available Trims. Changing your Furfrou’s Trim will require 25 Furfrou Candies and 10,000 Stardust. The Matron Trim and Dandy Trim will be available everywhere, while other Trims will be available depending on your location.
Furfrou isn’t the only stylish Pokémon appearing during this event. You can find costumed Pokémon appearing in the wild, including Butterfree, Sneasel, Kirlia, and Blitzle. Costumed Sneasel and Shinx will be appearing in one-star raids, and costumed Butterfree and Kirlia will appear in three-star raids. Pokémon hatching from 7 km Eggs will include Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, costumed Smoochum, and costumed Shinx. And if you’re really lucky, you might find a Shiny Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, Croagunk, or Blitzle, all of which will be wearing costumes.
During the event, the next part of the season-long Misunderstood Mischief Special Research story will unlock. You can also look forward to another Special Research story featuring Meloetta! If you haven’t yet caught the Melody Pokémon, you’ll be able to encounter it in this Special Research story. If you have already encountered Meloetta, you’ll earn Meloetta Candy instead.
If you’re looking to glamorize your avatar, you can complete event-exclusive Timed Research to earn the Furfrou Wig avatar item. Starting Monday, September 20, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), you’ll also be able to pick up other Fashion Week avatar items in the shop, such as the Hoopa Bangles.
Fashion Challengers and their equally stylish Pokémon will be appearing at PokéStops. Battle them to earn rewards.
Get out there and strut your stuff, Trainers—for Furfrou, for fashion, and for fun!
Furfrou and costumed Pokémon frolic into Pokémon GO for Fashion Week!
Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, is making its Pokémon GO debut during our Fashion Week event—along with many of its forms! Keep an eye out for a variety of stylishly dressed Pokémon in the wild and in raids, along with new avatar items in the shop. In celebration of the event, the shop will be having a first-of-its-kind sale on select avatar items!
Date + Time
- Furfrou will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Some of its different forms will be available in certain regions around the world. Please reference the bottom of this post to learn how to use the new form-change mechanic.
- Natural Form: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Stay tuned!
- Look forward to Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle wearing fashionable costumes for the first time! Costumed Pokémon that starred during last year’s Fashion Week event—like Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk—will return as well!
- The next part of the Season of Mischief Special Research story, Misunderstood Mischief, will unlock. Help Professor Willow study up on how Pokémon like Furfrou—and others that might surprise you—change their appearances!
- Complete Special Research to earn an encounter with the beautifully voiced Meloetta! If you have already accessed the Pokémon GO Fest 2021–exclusive Special Research, completing this new Special Research will instead earn you Meloetta Candy.
- Fashionable Trainers with fashionable Pokémon and more will be appearing at PokéStops throughout the event. Challenge these Trainers to earn rewards!
- Complete Timed Research for a chance to earn encounters with fashionable event-themed Pokémon! You can also earn an exclusive Furfrou Wig avatar item as a final reward. The Furfrou Wig will also be available for purchase in the shop after the event is over, beginning Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7).
- Starting on Monday, September 20, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7), Fashion Week avatar items—like Hoopa Bangles—will be available in the shop!
- Certain avatar items will be on sale for a limited time! Make sure to check out the shop and find your next fashionable outfit at a bargain!
- In addition to Furfrou, costumed Pokémon like Kirlia, Blitzle, and Croagunk will be appearing in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might also encounter Butterfree!
- Costumed Pokémon like Sneasel and Shinx will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Costumed Pokémon like Butterfree and Kirlia will be appearing in three-star raids.
- The Pokémon appearing in five-star raids and in Mega Raids will not change from what has been announced previously.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a fashionable costume, and Shinx in a fashionable costume.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Sneasel, Shiny Smoochum, Shiny Kirlia, Shiny Shinx, Shiny Croagunk, or Shiny Blitzle—all wearing fashionable costumes! You may encounter Shiny Blitzle without a costume after Fashion Week has concluded, but you won’t see Blitzle in the wild very often.
New form-change mechanic
Furfrou’s debut in Pokémon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the forms of certain Pokémon. Follow these steps to change Furfrou’s Trim!
- Furfrou begins in its Natural Trim.
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
Let’s learn as much as possible about Furfrou and Pokémon forms during this event! Be sure to log in to continue your research on the Mischief Pokémon, Hoopa, and don’t forget to show the world how stylish you and your Pokémon are along the way. Let’s GO! Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog