New dates and details now available for rescheduled Pokémon GO Safari Zone events
We know how meaningful and rewarding it is to connect and explore together in the real world through our live events. That’s why we’re excited to announce new dates for the Safari Zone events originally planned for 2020!
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone: Liverpool is now scheduled for Friday, October 15, 2021, to Sunday, October 17, 2021, in Sefton Park. Check the event’s website in the coming weeks for more details.
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone: Philadelphia is now scheduled for Friday, October 29, 2021, to Sunday, October 31, 2021, in Fairmount Park. Check the event’s website in the coming weeks for more details.
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone: St. Louis is now scheduled for Friday, November 12, 2021, to Sunday, November 14, 2021, in Tower Grove Park. Additionally, the start and end times for Safari Zone St. Louis have shifted one hour earlier to provide the best possible on-site experience. Updated event hours are reflected on your ticket. Check the event’s website in the coming weeks for more details.
Not only will these Safari Zone celebrations take place in their original park locations, but also ticket holders will be able to participate in the event they have a ticket for, no matter where they are in the world. Global event hours will be based on each participant’s local time; for example, a Friday Early Access ticket for Safari Zone Philadelphia will grant event access on Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.
Ticket holders will be able to enjoy the following features, whether they participate in an in-person event or play globally.
- Featured Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense.
- You’ll be able to complete event-exclusive Special Research and Field Research tasks.
- Incense activated during event hours will last for eight hours.
- Lure Modules activated during event hours will last for four hours.
- Special 2 km Eggs will be available.
- For Safari Zone Philadelphia ticket holders, take a snapshot for a surprise!
All ticket holders who would like to join an in-person event must RSVP. This is so that we have an accurate count of those who plan to attend an in-person event and to make sure we keep the event space safe for distanced gathering. Ticket holders will receive an email with more information on how to RSVP soon.
Safari Zone ticket holders will now see an updated date and time for their event in the Events tab. Ticket selections have not been modified; for example, if you purchased a Friday Early Access ticket, you’ll have a Friday Early Access ticket for the updated event. No additional tickets will be sold for these events.
The City Explorer Pass experience has been removed from these events, and those who purchased this add-on will have it refunded. Niantic will initiate all refunds by October 2, 2021.
We’re working closely with local authorities to design safe event experiences, implementing precautions such as careful line management, social-distancing protocols, and mask requirements for all staff members. When planning your Safari Zone experience, please follow all health guidelines and pay attention to any travel restrictions. If these events must be postponed again due to governmental guidance or direction from local authorities, we will notify ticket holders as soon as possible.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog