Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are available now for Nintendo Switch. Read on below to learn more about the latest update for the games:
How to Update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch – OLED Model
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl.
Important: Approximately 3GB of memory must be available on your Nintendo Switch system’s memory or on your microSD card to download the update data for version 1.1.0. Please see this page for details about checking memory and managing data.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- The update will download and install automatically if the system is connected to the internet and the Auto-Update Software setting is enabled. If there is not enough system memory or microSD card storage to download the update, you will first need to expand or free up memory space and then follow the steps below.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to participate in Local Wireless Communication.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Ver. 1.3.0 (Released March 15, 2022)
- Added an event related to Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
- If a user on a Nintendo Switch system has save data from Pokémon Legends: Arceus that meets set requirements, that player can take part in a special event to meet the Mythical Pokémon Arceus when playing the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl games.
- Further details can be found here.
- Added a network-trading feature at GWS.
- It is now possible to trade Pokémon online at the GWS in Jubilife City.
- Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid service) is required to trade Pokémon online.
- Some issues have been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
Source: Nintendo Support
One thought on “A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to trade Pokémon online at the GWS in Jubilife City in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl”