Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Tickets, Shaymin, and full event details
Pokémon GO Fest is a celebration of friendship and community, so it’s only appropriate that the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin—the Gratitude Pokémon—should appear during this year’s event! Join Trainers around the world on Saturday, June 4, 2022, and Sunday, June 5, 2022, to unlock rewards, earn bonuses, and so much more.
On the second day of the event, a certain Pokémon will be making its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids. To help face this new challenge, ticket holders will be able to receive up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
Tickets for Pokémon GO Fest 2022 are available now for US$14.99† and include access to event gameplay on both Saturday and Sunday. Each event day will feature a different experience—and, in a Pokémon GO Fest first, a special finale event will take place on Saturday, August 27, 2022! All Trainers who purchase tickets for the global event in June will be granted a ticket for the finale event at no extra charge.
Read on to learn more about what you can expect this year!
Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Day 1
On Saturday, June 4, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers will enjoy the following features regardless of whether they have an event ticket.
The first day of the event will feature four rotating habitat hours. Different Pokémon will appear during each habitat hour and themed confetti will appear on the map.
Visit the in-game shop to claim a free Pokémon GO Fest 2022 Tee avatar item.
For the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Shroomish, Shiny Numel, Shiny Karrablast, Shiny Axew, and Shiny Shelmet, if you’re lucky!
The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
On Saturday, June 4, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, Pokémon GO Fest 2022 ticket holders will be able to enjoy the following features!
- This year’s event is all about Shaymin, the Gratitude Pokémon! Trainers will be tasked with conducting Special Research to learn more about this Mythical Pokémon and will encounter Land Forme Shaymin along the way. Other rewards will include an event-exclusive avatar item and a special avatar pose.
- Trainers will be faced with two important decisions while conducting their Special Research. Please note: it won’t be possible to change your selections, so be sure to make your choices carefully!
- Personalize your event experience! Choose between Relaxed, Standard, and Master difficulty levels for your Special Research. The difficulty level you select will affect which sticker you receive as a reward, but will otherwise not change your Special Research rewards.
- How do you like to play Pokémon GO? Select the gameplay focus you’d prefer—either Catch, Explore, or Battle—and certain Special Research tasks will change accordingly.
- In addition to the Pokémon featured during each habitat hour, the following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense if you have an event ticket.
- For the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Unown B—if you’re lucky!
- Make progress on your Elite Collector medal with four Collection Challenges, each themed after a habitat hour.
- The Global Challenge Arena is back! On Saturday, ticket holders will be able to work together to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If they succeed, they’ll earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour! You can check the Today View to keep track of global progress and the contributions of your friends.
- During event hours, you’ll have an increased chance of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild when using Incense! Your chances will be better on Saturday than on Sunday.
Attracted to Incense
Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Day 2
On Sunday, June 5, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers will enjoy the following features regardless of whether they have an event ticket.
- The Global Challenge Arena will be featured again on Day Two—but this time, everyone will be able to participate!
- A certain Pokémon will be making its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids.
- Log in during event hours to claim a short Special Research story.
- Miss any Pokémon on the first day of the event? You’ll still have a chance to find them! Every Pokémon featured on Saturday will be appearing again on Sunday during event hours.
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
On Sunday, June 5, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, ticket holders will be able to enjoy the following.
- An additional Special Research story will be available after completing the short Special Research story available to all Trainers—complete with rewards and special Pokémon encounters.
- Every Pokémon attracted to Incense on Saturday will be attracted to Incense once again on Sunday during event hours.
- Team GO Rocket balloons will appear more frequently, and you’ll earn twice the Mysterious Components when you defeat Team GO Rocket Grunts.
On both days of Pokémon GO Fest 2022, all Trainers can enjoy the following features regardless of whether they have an event ticket.
- Trainer snapshots will be featured in the Today View. Share your snapshots using #PokemonGOFest2022 for a chance to see them featured during the event!
- A Pikachu wearing a special Shaymin-inspired Gracidea flower costume will make its Pokémon GO debut in the wild and in one-star raids. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Axew will appear in one-star raids on both Saturday and Sunday, and if you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a snapshot during event hours for a surprise!
Ticket holders can enjoy the following features on both days of the event.
- Spin Photo Discs at Gyms to earn up to nine free Raid Passes. These can be used only for in-person raids.
- Collect special event stickers from Gifts and PokéStops.
- Take up to five snapshots during event hours on Saturday and Sunday for a surprise!
Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale!
This year, a special one-day finale event will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2022, and will feature a new Special Research story, exciting Pokémon encounters, and more! Trainers who purchase a ticket for the global Pokémon GO Fest event in June will be granted a ticket for the finale event at no extra charge. Stand-alone finale tickets will be available at a later date for US$10.99††.
How do I buy a ticket?
Pokémon GO Fest 2022 tickets are now available in the in-game shop for US$14.99!†
- In the in-game shop, tap the Pokémon GO Fest 2022 image.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokémon GO Fest 2022.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you log in during event hours on Saturday, June 4, 2022, or Sunday, June 5, 2022, you’ll receive access to the Pokémon GO Fest 2022 experience. Please note: you must log in during event hours on both Saturday and Sunday to claim each day’s Special Research story.
- After you’ve claimed each Special Research story, you can complete it at any time.
Be sure to check the Pokémon GO Fest website for more updates in the coming weeks.
We can’t wait to celebrate Pokémon GO Fest with Trainers around the world! This summer will be jam-packed with excitement, and after this global event, we’ll be bringing unique in-person Pokémon GO Fest events to Berlin, Germany, from July 1 to July 3; Seattle, US, from July 22 to July 24; and Sapporo, Japan, from August 5 to August 7. Whether you take part in the global celebration, an in-person event, or both, we can’t wait to play together. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog