MARVEL World of Heroes | Announcement Teaser
MARVEL World of Heroes is Niantic‘s latest AR mobile game that brings the iconic Marvel Universe into the real world. Pre-register at marvelworldofheroes.com now.
In MARVEL World of Heroes, players can create their own unique Super Hero identity and origin story. Players will need to patrol their neighborhoods to foil crimes, complete Super Hero missions, and thwart interdimensional threats. As players level up, they will unlock equipment and abilities, and will team up with Marvel Super Heroes such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America and others to battle iconic Super Villains and save the Multiverse from cosmic and earthbound threats.
MARVEL World of Heroes is scheduled to launch globally in 2023.
Niantic YouTube Shorts:
- Step 1: ADD AR // Step 2: TURN UP THE HEAT
- Cartographers tell the stories of our society!
- Happy National Video Games Day! Can you solve these trivia questions? 🎮
- Defining AR: Semantic Segmentation
- Dive deep into the history of maps as we map the past, present & future.
- Sayonara, Seattle! Hello, Sapporo!
- Don’t we all have a little “Rager” inside of us? 😂🤷
- Explorers come in all types. 🎉
- Niantic isn’t just about gaming. It’s about connection. It’s about the journey of discovery.
- Welcome to our new series where we take a step back to look forward. 🌟
- Why We Create: Join The Conversation!
Lightship VPS at Lightship Summit | Niantic
When our community of players goes out into the world, it helps us map out the places that cars and satellites can not. That’s what makes our 3D global map so unique. It’s built with the stories of thousands of explorers. #LightshipSummit
Niantic Lightship Platform | Global Launch
Watch the global launch of the Lightship Platform. We open the vault of tech that powers games like Pokemon Go, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress. The first set of Niantic Lightship ARDK tools are available at https://lightship.dev/
What’s in the toolkit? Everything you need to build your own AR experience.
🗺️ MAPPING: Create a dynamic, detailed 3D map of the environment
✅ Quickly create a mesh map of a user’s environment
✅ Allow virtual objects to interact naturally with the surfaces and topography around the user
🔍 UNDERSTANDING: tools to help you identify the real-world environment for adaptive AR:
✅ Semantic segmentation identifies objects in the environment like ground, sky, water, buildings, and more — allowing virtual objects to move and interact realistically.
👨👩👦👦 SHARING: tools for multi-player AR gameplay:
✅ Support up to 5 players, concurrently
✅ Speedy networking
✅ Lightweight gaming functions like session-persistent storage
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog