Discontinuation of the Use of Facebook or Twitter to Sign In to Your Nintendo Account
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch – OLED Model, Nintendo Account
As of October 25 , 2022, it will no longer be possible to link a Facebook or Twitter account to a Nintendo Account.
- This means that it will no longer be possible to use a Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to a Nintendo Account, or to create a new Nintendo Account using a Facebook or Twitter account.
- You will still be able to sign in or create a new Nintendo Account with your Google or Apple account.
- It will also no longer be possible to participate in My Nintendo missions that involve linking your Nintendo Account to a Facebook or Twitter account to earn My Nintendo Points.
- The discontinuation time may be pushed back due to system issues.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to those who have been using a Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to their Nintendo Account.
How to Sign In After the Discontinuation of This Option
After the discontinuation of this option, it will no longer be possible to use a Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to a Nintendo Account.
If you are already signed in to your Nintendo Account on a device, you may be able to use your Nintendo Account without signing in again. However, if the sign-in screen appears, please sign in using one of the following methods:
- Sign in with your Nintendo Account email address (or Sign-In ID) and password.
- Please enter your Nintendo Account password, not your Facebook or Twitter password.
- Sign in with your Google or Apple account.
For more information about signing in, please check our step-by-step instructions for signing in to your existing Nintendo Account.
Please select Forgot your password? on the Nintendo Account sign-in page and follow the instructions. For more details, please check our instructions on resetting your Nintendo Account password.
It may take some time for the email to arrive.
- Emails related to your Nintendo Account are always sent from email@example.com. If you haven’t already, please add this email address to your address book and safe-sender list to ensure that you receive the appropriate emails.
If you do not receive an email even after some time, please contact us.
If you do not have access to your registered email address, you cannot change the email address yourself. Please contact us if this is the case.
Source: Nintendo Support