How to Update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch – OLED Model
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch.
On December 1, 2021 a new software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to participate in Local Wireless Battles.
- Replay data from previous versions is not compatible with the newest version. Be sure to convert your replays by going to Vault in the main menu and selecting Convert to Video before updating the software.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
If you see “Ver. 13.0.1” in the top right of the title screen, then you’re already up to date. Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates. For information about older updates, read the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update History.
- Ver. 13.0.1 (Released December 1, 2021)
- Ver. 13.0.0 (Released October 18, 2021)
- Ver. 12.0.0 (Released June 29, 2021)
- Ver. 11.0.1 (Released March 23, 2021)
- Ver. 11.0.0 (Released March 4, 2021)
- Ver. 10.1.0 (Released December 22, 2020)
- Ver. 10.0.0 (Released December 17, 2020)
- Ver. 9.0.2 (Released November 11, 2020)
- Ver. 9.0.1 (Released October 21, 2020)
Ver. 13.0.1 (Released December 1, 2021)
- Game-balance adjustments have been made. Please see the details of fixes and changes to fighters.
- The Samus (Metroid Dread) & E.M.M.I. (Metroid Dread) amiibo are now supported.
- Note: If you go to amiibo in Games & More and tap these amiibo to the NFC area, you can receive their spirits.
- Note: Samus (Metroid Dread) can be used as a Figure Player (FP).
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Source: Nintendo Support