Shiny Chespin Debuts in Pokémon GO January 2023 Community Day
Pokémon GO offers a nutty Community Day with event bonuses, a featured Charged Attack, and four-star raids.
Cheeky Chespin is the champion of Pokémon GO’s first Community Day of 2023. Chespin will appear more frequently in the wild and Shiny Chespin will make its first appearance in Pokémon GO during the event, which will take place on January 7, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. Evolve Quilladin—Chespin’s Evolution—into Chesnaught between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time to get a Chesnaught that knows the Charged Attack Frenzy Plant.
Don’t go nutty trying to keep up with all the bonuses in place during the event, including the following.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers Level 31+ to receive Candy XL for catching Pokémon
- 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event period
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- Trades will require 50% less Stardust (from 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. on Community Day)
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day (from 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. on Community Day)
Take on a quirky quest with the Community Day Special Research story “Quality Quills” by purchasing a ticket in the in-game shop for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). Additionally, Trainers can purchase tickets for friends that they’ve reached a friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To give the gift of research, simply tap the “Gift” button instead of the “Buy” button.
Extend the Community Day fun from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time with four-star Raid Battles featuring Quilladin. After a successful Quilladin Raid Battle, Chespin will appear near the Gym for 30 minutes. Lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one! These four-star Raids are not accessible via Remote Raid Passes—they can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
And there’s even more Community Day fun in store—stay tuned for information about the Pokémon GO January Community Day Classic taking place January 21, 2023!
Quill out with Chespin this Pokémon GO Community Day, Trainers!
January 2023 Community Day: Chespin
January 2023 Community Day: Chespin
Chespin will appear more frequently in the wild. Also, for the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Chespin—if you’re lucky!
- Trainer Battles: 100 power
- Gyms and raids: 100 power
Community Day Special Research story: Quality Quills
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Chespin Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Quality Quills
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Saturday, January, 7, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on special four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Chespin to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Quilladin will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these raids.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Quilladin, Chespin will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Chespin that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during January Community Day’s three-hour event period.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog