Niantic has announced new events for Pokémon GO. Read on below to learn more:
Noibat Sounds Off During Pokémon GO’s February 2023 Community Day
Spread your wings during this event for bonuses, four-star raids, and Noivern that know the featured Charged Attack Boomburst.
Don’t be startled if you hear the flapping of wings while exploring in Pokémon GO. You’ve probably just wandered into February’s Community Day, during which Noibat will appear more frequently in the wild. Lucky Trainers might even encounter a Shiny Noibat. This event takes place on Sunday, February 5, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. If you evolve Noibat into Noivern between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time, that Noivern will know the Charged Attack Boomburst.
You can also enjoy a bevy of bonuses during the event, including the following.
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers Level 31+ to receive Candy XL for catching Pokémon
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- Trades will require 50% less Stardust (from 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. on Community Day)
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day (from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Community Day)
Want to learn more about Noibat? You can purchase a ticket for a Community Day Special Research story from the in-game shop for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). Additionally, Trainers can purchase tickets for friends that they’ve reached a friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To give the gift of research, simply tap the “Gift” button instead of the “Buy” button.
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, continue the excitement into the evening hours with special four-star Raid Battles from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time. After a successful Noibat Raid Battle, Noibat will appear near the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. Lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one! These four-star raids are not accessible via Remote Raid Passes—they can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
Beyond that, you’ll also be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and by purchasing them from the in-game shop. And don’t forget to take a few snapshots during the event for a surprise!
Have fun looking for Noibat this Pokémon GO Community Day, Trainers!
February 2023 Community Day: Noibat
February 2023 Community Day: Noibat
Sunday, February 5, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Noibat, the Sound Wave Pokémon, will be featured during February Community Day!
Noibat will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Trainer Battles: 150 power
- Gyms and raids: 140 power
Community Day Special Research story – Abundant Noise
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Noibat Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Abundant Noise.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
*Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Sunday, February 5, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on special four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Noibat to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Noibat will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Noibat, additional Noibat will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Noibat that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during February Community Day’s three-hour event period.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog
3 thoughts on “Pokémon GO Community Day event featuring Noibat and Shiny Noibat now underway in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. local time”