Niantic is continuing to announce new events and content for Pokémon GO on a regular basis. Read on below to learn more:
Togetic Spreads Happiness in Pokémon GO April 2023 Community Day
Be of good cheer this Community Day with event bonuses, four-star raids, and Special Research.
Pokémon GO’s April 2023 Community Day promises to be a fairy good time with the Happiness Pokémon Togetic in the spotlight. On April 15, 2023, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. local time, Togetic can be found floating around the wild with greater frequency, and Trainers might even encounter a Shiny Togetic—if they’re lucky! Take on Togetic-themed Timed Research with a chance of receiving up to five Sinnoh Stones for completing research tasks.
Trainers that evolve Togetic during the event or up to five hours afterward will get a Togekiss that knows the Fighting-type Charged Attack Aura Sphere, which was previously unavailable to Togekiss in Pokémon GO. This is an especially exciting addition to Togekiss’s arsenal as Fighting-type attacks can counter the Ice-, Rock-, and Steel-type Pokémon Togekiss is vulnerable to.
Trainers might be happy to discover that Togekiss is considered one of the most powerful Fairy-type Pokémon in Pokémon GO. Whether you enjoy competing in the GO Battle League or participating in raids, Togekiss is a powerful Pokémon to have in your lineup. This is the perfect opportunity to catch as many Togetic as possible to earn the Togepi Candy that can power up your Togekiss.
Any Trainer would be downright jovial with the following event bonuses!
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 1/4 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in Incubators during the event period
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day
- Togepi has a chance of hatching from 2 km Eggs obtained during the April Community Day event; Togepi that hatch from these Eggs will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as Togetic that appear during April Community Day’s three-hour event period
Three cheers for the Community Day Special Research Story, Spreading Cheer, which is available for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). And don’t forget that Trainers can purchase tickets for friends that they’ve reached a friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To give the gift of research, simply tap the “Gift” button instead of the “Buy” button.
Make the most of the Community Day fun with four-star Raid Battles featuring Togetic from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. After a successful raid battle, more Togetic will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. These four-star raids are not accessible via Remote Raid Passes—they can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
Have a happy Pokémon GO Community Day, Trainers!
April 2023 Community Day: Togetic
April 2023 Community Day: Togetic
Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Togetic, the Happiness Pokémon, will be featured during April Community Day!
Togetic will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Trainer Battles: 100 power
- Gyms and raids: 90 power
Community Day Special Research story – Spreading Cheer
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Togetic Community Day–exclusive Special Research story,.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Togetic to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Togetic will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Togetic, additional Togetic will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Togetic that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during April Community Day’s three-hour event period.
Timed Research focused on Togetic will be available from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Complete tasks related to catching Pokémon to receive up to 5 Sinnoh Stones!
April Community Day–themed Field Research will be available! Catch Togetic to earn rewards such as Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog
5 thoughts on “Togetic-themed Timed Research with a chance of receiving up to five Sinnoh Stones for completing research tasks available during April Pokémon GO Community Day”