The Pokémon Company has put up several new job listings for video game-related localization editors. A number of Pokémon fans are saying these positions are related to Game Freak’s Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch, with a reveal event or trailer rumored for the 23rd anniversary of the franchise on February 27, 2018. Read on below for one of the job listings:
Localisation Editor (6 month minimum contract) – Spanish
We will be looking for a Localisation Editor in the coming months for Spanish.
The Localisation Editor (6 -month fixed term contract minimum) is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game web site etc.) in Spanish. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances in Spanish.
- Editing, including content and copyediting of rules text and other game-related text.
- Editing (for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang) in Spanish from translated documents
- Daily interaction with translators
- Review of and possible editing of game-related rules text in Spanish
- Proof and revise, as necessary, game-related text in both electronic and hard copy formats in Spanish
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2 -4 years of editing experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Must be detailed oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
- Must be a team worker
- Native level language skill in Spanish and fluent English language skill is required
Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
- This role is a minimum 6-month fixed term contract, which is anticipated to commence between April and June 2018.
- All applicants who are shortlisted will be required to take an aptitude test as part of the selection process.
- This role is based at our London office in Chiswick Park
Source: Official Pokémon jobs page