Get a Taste of the 2019 Pokémon World Championships in the World Championships Friendly Online Competition!
The next Online Competition featuring the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games provides an early glimpse into the action that you’ll see at the 2019 Pokémon World Championships. In the World Championships Friendly Online Competiton, Trainers create a team using Pokémon from the National Pokédex No. 001 through 807, excluding Ash-Greninja and all Mythical Pokémon. You will also be able to include up to two Legendary Pokémon normally restricted from play, which should lead to some thrilling battles (see the competition regulations for a complete list of eligible Pokémon).
The competition features Double Battles with teams of no duplicate Pokémon. All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the battles. Items are permitted, but duplicate items are not allowed. There will be a 7-minute player clock with 45-second turns.
All qualified participants in the World Championships Friendly Online Competition will receive 50 Battle Points. Players must complete at least one battle to qualify. Registration for the World Championships Friendly Online Competition takes place Thursday, September 6, 2018 (00:00 UTC).
The competition runs from Friday, September 14, 2018 (00:00 UTC), through Sunday, September 16, 2018 (23:59 UTC). Trainers will be limited to 10 battles per day.
All Trainers will need a Pokémon Trainer Club account, a wireless internet connection, and their own Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moonvideo game with a party of eligible Pokémon. See the competition regulations for more details.
Good luck, Trainers!
World Championships Friendly Competition Information
Thursday, September 6, 2018 (00:00 UTC), through Thursday, September 13, 2018 (23:59 UTC)
• You must sign up during this period to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.
Friday, September 14 (00:00 UTC), through Sunday, September 16, 2018 (23:59 UTC)
Qualified participants will receive 50 Battle Points. To qualify, players must complete at least one battle.
Ranking Results Announcement
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Items are permitted.
• Duplicate items are not permitted.
• Duplicate Pokémon are not permitted.
• National Pokédex No. 001 through 807 are eligible, excluding Ash-Greninja and all Mythical Pokémon.
• Battle Teams may contain no more than any two of these Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.
• Pokémon must have a black clover symbol to be eligible.
• You must register four to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• There will be a 90-second team preview.
• A 7-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a Pokémon and a move. If a player has not made their selections by the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 10 times per day during the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless internet connection
• A Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
Source: Pokémon Global Link