Niantic and The Pokémon Company are currently hosting a Pokémon Day 2019 event for Pokémon GO. These include the Pokémon GO debuts of Shiny Rattata, Shiny Pidgey, as well as festive Pikachu, Eevee, Shiny Pikachu and Shiny Eevee wearing special hats to commemorate the occasion. Read on below for more details:
Pokémon Day happens every year on February 27. It commemorates the launch of the first Pokémon video games in 1996. In celebration of this, a special Pokémon Day event is taking place in Pokémon GO:
Date + Time:
- Feb. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST to Feb. 28, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Pokémon that Trainers encounter early on in their adventures through the Kanto region appear more frequently in the wild.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region are available to challenge in raids.
- Pikachu and Eevee wearing flower crowns are making a special appearance as Field Research encounters and in the wild.
- Shiny Pidgey, Shiny Pidgeotto, Shiny Pidgeot, Shiny Rattata and Shiny Raticate have made their Pokémon GO debuts.
- Raichu, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon and all their Shiny variants retain the Pokémon Day flower crowns after evolving from Pikachu or Eevee in Pokémon GO.