Niantic recently hosted a new process for registering for live events in Pokémon GO, starting with the upcoming Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago. Pokémon GO Fest Chicago ticket drawing took place from April 22 to April 24 at 7 a.m. PDT. Ticket drawing winners can purchase up to four tickets—one for yourself and the other three for any of your Great, Ultra or Best Friends. The drawing for Chicago Pokémon GO Fest tickets is closed and Niantic is notifying winners on a rolling basis. Make sure to check your in-app Events page to see if you’ve been selected.
The first wave of Pokémon GO Fest Chicago ticket drawing winners have been notified. Check the in-app Events page to see if you’ve been selected. You have 48 hours after you’ve been selected to purchase your tickets. If you didn’t get selected in the first wave, there will be more winners selected in waves in the next few days. Read on below for more details from the development team:
Winners will receive a notification email if they are selected in a drawing. The email will also state your deadline to complete the purchase (listed in GMTtime), which will be 48 hours after being selected. Please check back on the in-app Events page frequently to see if you were selected, in case your email was bounced. You will not get an email if you were not selected.
- After receiving the email, return to the Events menu and touch the event that you won the drawing for. The following page will now show a “Claim Tickets” button. Use it to begin your registration.
- Choose the event date, time, and quantity of tickets that you would like to buy. Read the descriptions carefully to find the best choice for you, but note that you can only choose one date and ticket type for your entire order.
- Assign any extra tickets to other Trainers (see the next section).
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email. The Events page will also update with a “virtual ticket” and a button to view your order at any time.
IMPORTANT: Tickets are only usable by the Trainer accounts registered at this time. Tickets are not refundable or transferable to other accounts.
Reserving Tickets for other Trainers (for orders with 2+ tickets):
- Input the Trainer Nicknames of the friends that you would like to buy tickets for (one name per input box) and click “Add.” Make sure that the spelling is correct. You must be at least Great Friends (7 days of interaction) with the other Trainer.
- You must assign the entire quantity of tickets that you selected to eligible friends before you can proceed to payment. Because only one ticket type is allowed per order, your friends will all receive the same ticket type for the date and time you selected.
Frequently Asked Questions
It says that I already have a ticket but I didn’t buy one
It’s possible that one of your friends has already purchased a ticket on your behalf. You’ll see this ticket under the event details. If someone has already purchased a ticket for you, you won’t be able to purchase another one for yourself. However, you can still purchase tickets for others if selected from the drawing.
My friend already bought me a ticket but I was also selected from the drawing. Can I still purchase tickets for others?
You can still purchase tickets for others if you’re selected from the drawing. If you decide to not purchase tickets within the 48 hours, these will be reallocated to other players.
My payment failed
There are several reasons why a payment may fail:
- Your bank may have incorrectly flagged the transaction as suspicious and prevented it from going through.
- The card has expired.
- The card number, expiration date, or CVV were entered incorrectly.
- There are insufficient funds in your account.
- If you are located outside of the US, some cards have restrictions on international payments.
- Prepaid credit cards/gift cards might have restrictions on which transaction they allow.
If you experience an issue where your payment fails, please try entering your card details again or try using a different card. If you continue to have trouble, please contact your bank or financial institution.
Registering for events with a child account (Niantic Kids and Pokémon Trainer Club)
Minors are able to attend when accompanied by a parent or guardian. In order to purchase tickets, their parent or guardian must enter themselves into the drawing and reserve a ticket for themselves and for any children that will be attending. Keep in mind that everyone for whom the tickets are purchased for must have their own Pokémon GO account.
- The parent or guardian be logged into their Pokémon GO account.
- Enter the event drawing through the parent or guardian’s account by following the drawing instructions above.
- Monitor the parent or guardian’s email for a notification email indicating that they’ve won the chance to purchase event tickets.
- When selecting the event date and time, be sure to add additional tickets for each child account that will also be in attendance.
- Complete your ticket purchase by following the purchase instructions above, ensuring that the child’s Trainer Nickname is selected on the Friend selection screen (Note: Parent and child do not need to be Friends to select the child’s Trainer Nickname on the Friend selection screen).
- The parent/guardian must have a Pokémon GO account in order to enter the drawing and be selected as a winner.
- The email associated with the parent/guardian’s Pokémon GO account must match the parent/guardian’s email address on file with Niantic Kids/Pokémon Trainer Club.
- When claiming tickets, the parent/guardian can input their child’s nickname on the friend selection screen, where the relationship will be validated. Attempts by any other account to register tickets for children will not be allowed.