Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias and Latios will all be available as Research Breakthrough encounters in Pokémon GO for May and June 2019. Read on below for the official announcement from the development team at Niantic:
Research Breakthrough and Egg changes coming to Pokémon GO
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
- Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Time to head outside and see what amazing Pokémon you’ll encounter! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team