Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf have begun appearing in Pokémon GO for the first time since the massively-popular mobile game’s launch. Originally discovered in the Sinnoh region, this trio of Legendary Pokémon can now be found in the wild, but they are extremely rare – so be sure to keep your eyes peeled! According to Niantic, Azelf is a regional exclusive to the Americas and Greenland; Uxie is a regional exclusive to the Asia-Pacific region; and Mesprit is a regional exclusive to Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. For a limited time, the Legendary trio are now available in Raid Battles. The official announcement from the development team at Niantic is as follows:
Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf surface in regional raids
We received numerous reports from all over the world of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Your work uncovering the mystery of these Legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region has led to an amazing discovery! Professor Willow has verified that Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf have appeared in different regions of the world and will be available to challenge in raids!
Date + Time
- Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Monday, May 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Asia-Pacific: Uxie will be available to challenge in raids
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Mesprit will be available to challenge in raids
- The Americas and Greenland: Azelf will be available to challenge in raids
- If you’re extraordinarily lucky, you may encounter these extremely rare Legendary Pokémon in the wild in their different regions, even after the event!
Thank you for your work in helping to identify these Legendary Pokémon newly discovered in Pokémon GO. Keep exploring, Trainers!
—The Pokémon GO team