This month, Pokémon GO Community Day took place on Saturday, June 8, 2019, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in your local time zone. Not only did you have the opportunity to catch plenty of Slakoth during the three-hour span, but if you evolved Vigoroth (the evolved form of Slakoth) into Slaking during or up to one hour after the event, your Slaking learned the special move Body Slam, which it is normally unable to learn. This move was available only to Slaking evolved during Community Day. Shiny Slakoth, Shiny Vigoroth and Shiny Slaking have also made their Pokémon GO debuts. Additionally, during the event, Lures lasted for three hours and Eggs placed in Incubators hatched four times faster.
Date + Time
- Globally June 8, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (local time)
- Slakoth appear more frequently in the wild.
- Lure Modules last three hours for the duration of the event.
- You may encounter a Shiny Slakoth if you’re lucky!
- Evolve Vigoroth during the event or up to one hour afterward to obtain Slaking that know a special move!
- A new Community Day Box is now available with 30 Ultra Balls, two Super Incubators, two Egg Incubators and one Lure Module for 480 PokéCoins.
- 1/4 Egg hatch distance
- 3-hour Lures
Meanwhile, Niantic has confirmed “the return of Slakoth later this summer” due to Pokémon GO Community Day gameplay issues in Europe, the Middle East and Africa: