Date + Time
- Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon are appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt can learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach! This means that Shiny Sharpedo and Shiny Whiscash have also made their Pokémon GO debuts!
- Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more appear in raids.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog