How to Update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch.
On August 4, 2020 a new software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to participate in Local Wireless Battles.
- Replay data from previous versions is not compatible with the newest version. Be sure to convert your replays by going to Vault in the main menu and selecting Convert to Video before updating the software.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates. For information about older updates, read the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update History.
Ver. 9.0.0 (Coming soon)
Ver. 9.0 of Super #SmashBrosUltimate will arrive on 10/13! This update will include fighter adjustments, meaning replay data from previous versions will be incompatible. Convert your replays by going to Vault -> Replays -> Replay Data -> Convert to Video, before updating.
Source: Nintendo Support