Pokémon GO is being updated to a new version across all capable iOS and Android devices. The latest update is being rolled out to iOS and Android devices, respectively. According to patch notes from the development team at Niantic, the latest update implements various bug fixes and improvements for an overall smoother experience.
What’s New in Version 1.161.0 (iOS)
- See below
What’s New in Version 0.195.0 (Android)
- See below
0.195 Release Notes
Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.161 in the App Store.
Last updated: December 10, 2020
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all players. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- A new loading screen has been added
- In the Pokémon detail menu, the Tag option has been moved to above the Favorite option
- Support for new Egg management tests
- Event tickets in the Shop can now be purchased when your Item Bag is full
- Added mitigation for an issue causing the Pokéball to stick mid-air on the screen when catching Pokémon
- Fixed an issue that caused Trainers to not receive a Strange Egg after defeating a Team GO Rocket Leader while meeting the inventory requirements
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused an inaccurate Transporter price to be shown to the Trainer when transferring Pokémon to Pokémon HOME
Please see our Known Issues page for a regularly updated list of issues currently being investigated by our engineering team. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all issues we are aware of or working to fix, but rather a list of issues currently affecting the most players.
There is always something fun going on in Pokémon GO! Join us for events like Community Day, Raid Hours, and special themed events where you can encounter different Pokémon and enjoy bonuses. Visit pokemongolive.com for a list of events.
Alongside the latest update, a new loading screen has been made available to commemorate the winter 2020 season. Featured Pokémon include Spheal, Snorunt, Bunnelby, Diggersby, Obstagoon, Mamoswine, Stantler, Chespin, Quilladin, Fennekin, Froakie, Abomasnow and Furret.
Source: Official Pokémon GO support page