Pokémon GO celebrates the release of New Pokémon Snap with a special event!
In New Pokémon Snap, you’ll travel to islands unknown to photograph a variety of Pokémon and create your very own Pokémon Photodex. To celebrate the game’s release, you can enjoy an event in Pokémon GO inspired by this fun method of researching Pokémon ecology through photography!
In celebration of the release of New Pokémon Snap on Nintendo Switch, you can look forward to an event inspired by the photography-focused game and the Lental region where it’s set! Pokémon inspired by different habitats in the Lental region will be appearing more often in the wild and in raids, a new avatar item and sticker will be available, and Shiny Smeargle will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
Date + Time
- Pokémon inspired by the deserts, jungles, and underwater landscapes of the Lental region—such as Lotad, Cacnea, and Ducklett—will be appearing more often in the wild!
- Smeargle will be appearing in snapshots more often than usual! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Smeargle! Please note that Smeargle will only appear in snapshots a limited number of times, and while Shiny Smeargle will no longer appear after the event concludes, you may encounter one during future events.
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental region—like Vaporeon, Meganium, and Trapinch—will be appearing more often in raids!
- Look forward to event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research that’s focused on taking snapshots!
- A camera avatar item and a camera-themed Gift sticker will be available in the shop during the event! The new Gift sticker will also be available from PokéStops.
Be sure to share your adventures and snapshots with us on social media using #GOsnapshot, Trainers! We look forward to seeing all the amazing Pokémon you meet during this collaboration event.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog