Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale event details revealed—Ultra Beasts, Sky Forme Shaymin, and much, much more!
This year, Trainers around the world have experienced four Pokémon GO Fest events—from the global experience that kicked everything off back in June, to the unique in-person experiences hosted in Berlin, Seattle, and Sapporo. But the fun isn’t over yet! We’re beyond excited to share more information on the fifth and final event—Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale!
On Saturday, August 27, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, Trainers around the world are invited to join this special global event. Read on for more details!
Tickets for the Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale event are available now for US$10.99* in the in-game shop and include access to special event gameplay on Saturday, August 27, 2022. Please note: if you purchased a Pokémon GO Fest ticket for the main event on June 4 and 5, 2022, you already have a ticket to this event—no additional purchase necessary!
Pokémon GO Fest is best experienced alongside friends and family. To encourage groups to play together, we’re excited to announce a special discounted gifting option for ticket holders. All Trainers who purchase a standalone ticket for the finale event—or those who purchased a ticket for the global Pokémon GO Fest event in June—will be able to gift up to three tickets for the finale event for the reduced price of US$4.99 each.
On Saturday, August 27, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time all Trainers can enjoy the following regardless of if they have an event ticket.
- A short Special Research story.
- Take a snapshot during the event for a surprise! For the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Munna—if you’re lucky!
- Several special avatar items will debut for sale in the shop!
- A hat inspired by Nihilego
- A shirt inspired by Buzzwole
- An outfit inspired by the GO Ultra Recon Squad
Enjoy special event stickers! Get them by opening Gifts, spinning PokéStops, or purchasing them from the shop.
Plus, thanks to all the hard work Trainers around the world have put in during the Pokémon GO Fest events in Berlin, Seattle, and Sapporo, Rhi has been able to produce more Beast Balls! During this event, all Ultra Beast raid encounters will feature Beast Balls!
Four unique habitats will be featured during this event, each focused on a particular Ultra Beast and running for two hours. The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild during each habitat period
From 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, the following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
On Saturday, August 27, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, Trainers with an event ticket can enjoy the following.
- For the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Unown N & Unown X—if you’re lucky!
- Spin Photo Discs at Gyms to earn up to nine free Daily Raid Passes. These can be used only for in-person raids.
- Take up to five snapshots during the event for a surprise!
- Earn an extra 5,000 XP in raid rewards when you win an in-person raid!
- Incense activated during event hours will last for two hours.
- Earn 3× XP for spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops and Gyms.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in Incubators during event hours.
- Starting at 10:00 a.m. local time, Trainers who have caught Sky Forme Shaymin will be able to change its form to Land Forme Shaymin, and vice-versa!
In addition to the short Special Research story available to all Trainers, Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale ticket holders will receive three short, exclusive Special Research stories! Complete them to earn in-game items, an encounter with Sky Forme Shaymin, and exclusive avatar items like a Sky Forme Shaymin shirt and a helmet without a visor inspired by the GO Ultra Recon Squad.
- Ultra Incursion: Pheromosa – From 10:00 a.m.
- All Trainers—even those without tickets—will be granted access to a short Special Research story.
- Ultra Incursion: Buzzwole – From 12:00 p.m.
- Starting at 12:00 p.m. local time, Trainers with tickets who have completed the first Special Research story will be granted the first ticket-exclusive Special Research story.
- Ultra Incursion: Xurkitree – From 2:00 p.m.
- Starting at 2:00 p.m. local time, Trainers with tickets who have completed the first ticket-exclusive Special Research can begin a second exclusive Special Research story.
- Ultra Incursion: Nihilego – From 4:00 p.m.
- Starting at 4:00 p.m. local time, Trainers with tickets who have completed the second ticket-exclusive Special Research can begin the third and final ticket-exclusive Special Research story.
So long as you claim the first Special Research story during the event, you’ll be able to complete it and any remaining Special Research stories whenever you want.
In addition to Pokémon listed above, ticket-holding Trainers may encounter some additional Pokémon when they use Incense during each habitat period.
How to Purchase a Ticket
Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale tickets are now available in the in-game shop for US$10.99!*
- In the in-game shop, tap the Pokémon GO Fest 2022 image.
- Tap the **Buy** button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale.
- After you tap **OK**, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you log in during event hours on Saturday, August 27, 2022, you’ll receive access to the Pokémon GO Fest 2022: Finale experience. Please note: you must log in during event hours to claim the Special Research story. After you’ve claimed the first Special Research story, you can complete it at any time.
After purchasing a ticket for GO Fest 2022: Finale, you will be able to gift up to 3 tickets for a discounted price of US$4.99.
We were thrilled to see Trainers around the world come together to play, explore, and share great moments during each of this year’s Pokémon GO Fest events. We hope you—along with your friends and family—will join us for the finale! Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog