Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet are now available for Nintendo Switch. Read on below to learn more:
A New Story Begins in the Paldea Prologue!
Get ready to battle! The first official Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Online Competition, Paldea Prologue, is coming soon.
Sign-Up: Monday, February 27, 2023, at 15:00 UTC to Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 23:59 UTC
Competition: Friday, March 10, 2023, at 00:00 UTC to Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 23:59 UTC
You may sign up and join this event from the start of the sign-up period to the end of the competition period.
This competition will be comprised of Double Battles using Pokémon from the Paldea Pokédex.
You may have one special Pokémon (Koraidon or Miraidon) on your team.
For information about ranking announcements, regulations, and other details, please refer to the Competition Info below.
Only one user per game version (Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet) may participate per each Nintendo Switch™ system. If your Nintendo Account is registered to users on multiple Nintendo Switch systems, you may participate with only one user and system per game version.
Any Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Membership auto-renews after initial term at the then-current price unless canceled. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. Learn more at nintendo.com/switch-online.
Battle data and results will be provided to Nintendo Co., Ltd., and The Pokémon Company (and its subsidiaries).
Players engaging in or exhibiting the following may receive penalties and be restricted from participating in future online events.
• Use of unauthorized methods to alter game save data, use of Pokémon that have data altered via altering code, or Pokémon created through the use of altering code
• Significantly large number of disconnects during battle, from when your opponent has been decided to when the match results have been fully sent to the server (please ensure a stable connection environment when connecting to the internet)
• Troubling behavior that could affect other participants or make others feel unpleasant
• Actions that would obstruct battles and operations, such as hacking
• Registering with incorrect information or impersonating another player
• Other actions that operation hosts determine to be inappropriate
Source: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet news
6 thoughts on “Paldea Prologue announced as the first official Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Online Competition, which runs from March 10 at 00:00 UTC to March 12 at 23:59 UTC, registration is now live and you may have one special Pokémon (Koraidon or Miraidon) on your team”
Curious as to why they made the online competition force you to select a team after trying to register for it. I’m so confused, I miss how it use to be when you could register and then make the team while waiting for the competition to start.
Yeah I didn’t realize I wouldn’t be able to use the pokemon I selected for it in tera raid battles and I can’t find any information about withdrawing your registration. Really gonna be mad if I’m stuck unable to use those pokemon for anything for the next two weeks. There should be an option to cancel.