Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet are now available for Nintendo Switch. Read on below to learn more:
Register to Battle in the Paldea Prologue Online Competition
The first official Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Online Competition begins March 9, 2023.
The time has come to put your battle skills to the test! Paldea Prologue, the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games’ first official Online Competition, will take place from Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. PST to Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. Registration has already begun, and it will remain open until the end of the competition.
This competition will be comprised of Double Battles using Pokémon from the Paldea Pokédex. Trainers are allowed to have one special Pokémon (Koraidon or Miraidon) on their team.
After the event ends and results are announced, qualifying players who finish at least one match with a win or loss during the event period will be eligible to receive 10,000 League Points (LP)—so don’t forget to play your matches!
Ranking results will be announced mid-March 2023 (subject to change). To view your rankings, follow these steps:
- After the competition has ended, launch your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game.
- Open the X menu.
- Select Poké Portal.
- Select Battle Stadium.
- Select Online Competitions.
- Select Previous Results.
Good luck competing in the Paldea Prologue Online Competition, Trainers!
A New Story Begins in the Paldea Prologue!
Get ready to battle! The first official Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Online Competition, Paldea Prologue, is coming soon.
Sign-Up: Monday, February 27, 2023, at 15:00 UTC to Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 23:59 UTC
Competition: Friday, March 10, 2023, at 00:00 UTC to Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 23:59 UTC
You may sign up and join this event from the start of the sign-up period to the end of the competition period.
This competition will be comprised of Double Battles using Pokémon from the Paldea Pokédex.
You may have one special Pokémon (Koraidon or Miraidon) on your team.
For information about ranking announcements, regulations, and other details, please refer to the Competition Info below.
Only one user per game version (Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet) may participate per each Nintendo Switch™ system. If your Nintendo Account is registered to users on multiple Nintendo Switch systems, you may participate with only one user and system per game version.
Any Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Membership auto-renews after initial term at the then-current price unless canceled. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. Learn more at nintendo.com/switch-online.
Battle data and results will be provided to Nintendo Co., Ltd., and The Pokémon Company (and its subsidiaries).
Players engaging in or exhibiting the following may receive penalties and be restricted from participating in future online events.
• Use of unauthorized methods to alter game save data, use of Pokémon that have data altered via altering code, or Pokémon created through the use of altering code
• Significantly large number of disconnects during battle, from when your opponent has been decided to when the match results have been fully sent to the server (please ensure a stable connection environment when connecting to the internet)
• Troubling behavior that could affect other participants or make others feel unpleasant
• Actions that would obstruct battles and operations, such as hacking
• Registering with incorrect information or impersonating another player
• Other actions that operation hosts determine to be inappropriate
Source: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet news