Other highlights of the Nintendo Direct presentation include the introduction of Terry Bogard from the Fatal Fury series as the fourth playable DLC fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game coming in November.
To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct. Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Terry Bogard Comes to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Releasing in November, Terry Bogard from the classic SNK fighting franchise Fatal Fury joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable fighter. Terry Bogard is part of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass, which includes five Challenger Packs as they are released, each with one DLC fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. The Fighters Pass can be purchased at a suggested retail price of $24.99, with individual Challenge Packs available for $5.99 each.
- Banjo & Kazooie Join the Battle: Starting today, Banjo & Kazooie from the popular Banjo-Kazooie series of games are joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The new fighters are part of the third Challenger Pack DLC (sold separately). In addition to the characters, players will also get to enjoy the Spiral Mountain stage, as well as music tracks from the classic games.
- Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield: New details (and two new Pokémon!) were revealed for the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, launching exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Nov. 15.
o Polteageist is a ghost-type Pokémon, and makes a home for itself by hiding among dishes at hotels and restaurants. Its body is made of tea, and it may even let a trusting Trainer have a taste of its tea. The flying- and water-type Pokémon Cramorant will swallow absolutely anything that looks hearty enough. It has an exclusive ability called Gulp Missile. While using Surf or Dive in battle, it will counter when attacked.
o Players will be able to travel through the new Galar region in style. In this game, players can outfit their main Trainer in tops, bottoms, outerwear, gloves, new hairstyles and even a little makeup. During their journey, players can camp any time at Pokémon Camp. While there, players can play with Pokémon and get to know them better. In the new Wild Area, players can visit other players’ camps as well. Up to four players and their Pokémon can hang out at a camp together. Pokémon Camp is also a great place to cook up some Curry on Rice. In Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, there are many types of delicious Curry on Rice that can be registered to the Curry Dex.
- Little Town Hero: In this new RPG from Game Freak, the developers of the Pokémon games, players must battle monsters and gather support from townspeople, all while staying within the borders of a single town. Little Town Hero, which also features music by Undertale creator Toby Fox, makes a stand on Nintendo Switch on Oct. 16. Little Town Hero is available today for pre-purchase in Nintendo eShop.
- New amiibo – Three new amiibo figures in the Super Smash Bros. series – Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake – will launch in stores on September 20.
- New amiibo – Three new amiibo figures in the Super Smash Bros. series – Incineroar, Chrom and Simon Belmont – will launch in stores on Nov. 15.