How to Update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on Nintendo Switch.
On October 13, 2020 a new software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to participate in Local Wireless Battles.
- Replay data from previous versions is not compatible with the newest version. Be sure to convert your replays by going to Vault in the main menu and selecting Convert to Video before updating the software.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates. For information about older updates, read the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update History.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.
Source: Nintendo Support