Rivals’ Week Introduces Therian Forme Landorus, Skrelp, and Clauncher to Pokémon GO
Channel your competitive side from April 13 to April 18 with an event featuring Pokémon known to be rivals.
From Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, April 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, you can celebrate the spirit of competition in Pokémon GO with Rivals’ Week. Therian Forme Landorus, Skrelp, and Clauncher will all make their Pokémon GO debuts, so the event will give you a great opportunity to fill out your Pokédex. Skrelp and Clauncher will be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in encounters following research tasks, and Therian Forme Landorus will be appearing in five-star raids.
By working with your fellow Trainers to win Raid Battles in the Global Challenge Arena, you can unlock event-exclusive rewards. You can also challenge Team GO Rocket, whose minions will be appearing more frequently at PokéStops and in balloons throughout the event. Plus, you can complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with certain Pokémon.
Pokémon that are known for their competitive spirit—like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, Seviper, and more—will be appearing more frequently in the wild. The theme of competition will also extend to raids, where Pokémon like Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Zangoose, Seviper, Therian Forme Landorus, Skrelp, Clauncher, and more will be appearing.
The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs during the event: Machop, Tyrogue, Elekid, Magby, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, and Seviper.
Rivals’ Week brings rival Pokémon and competition! Plus, Therian Forme Landorus is coming to five-star raids!
Some legends arise from the power of friendship—while others arise from fierce rivalries! The Season of Legends continues with Rivals’ Week, an event celebrating rivalries between Pokémon. Skrelp and Clauncher will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! Plus, Therian Forme Landorus will be appearing in five-star raids for the first time!
Date + Time
- Skrelp and Clauncher will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! They’ll be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete Field Research tasks.
- Therian Forme Landorus is also making its Pokémon GO debut! Encounter the Abundance Pokémon in five-star raids.
- Enjoy the Rivals’ Week challenge in the Global Challenge Arena! All Trainers around the world can work together to win Raid Battles and unlock a 2× Catch Stardust bonus for the duration of the event!
- Pokémon known for their rivalries will be appearing more often in the wild, such as Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, Seviper, and more!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs throughout the event: Machop, Tyrogue, Elekid, Magby, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, and Seviper.
- Rivalries will continue in raids as well! Pokémon like Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Zangoose, Seviper, and more will be appearing in raids!
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will lead to encounters with rival Pokémon, such as Skrelp and Clauncher, as well.
- Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket will be taking over PokéStops more often. Their balloons will also be appearing more frequently!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog