You can now gift event tickets to your friends!
One of the best ways to explore the world around you is with your friends and family. So, starting with May Community Day’s Special Research, Trainers will be able to purchase and gift tickets to any of their Pokémon GO friends that they have achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. More tickets—including tickets to the global Pokémon GO Fest event—will be available for gifting soon.
Follow these steps to learn how to gift a ticket!*
* Please note that in-person events, like Pokémon GO Safari Zone events, have a different process for purchasing tickets for other players.
Gift a ticket in seven easy steps
Step 1: Go to the in-game shop.
Step 2: Tap the image for the event you would like to gift a ticket to.
Step 3: Tap the Gift button.
Step 4: Select the friend you would like to send the gift ticket to.
Please note that you cannot gift an event ticket unless your friend meets the below conditions.
- They must be at least Great Friends with you.
- They cannot already own the event ticket you’re trying to send.
- They cannot already have been gifted the event ticket by someone else.
Step 5: Confirm your selection.
Step 6: Complete the purchase by entering the required information using your device’s native in-app-purchase payment screen.
Step 7: Your gift will be on its way!
- You cannot get a refund for gift tickets purchased for friends. Please confirm with your friend that they will be able to play during the event time prior to gifting them a ticket.
- You cannot cancel a gift ticket after it has been sent.
- You can only send 20 paid gift tickets per day.
Please note that purchases for other Trainers are subject to the Niantic refund policy, applicable local law, and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog